Holliston LEED House

This is the story of a family who built the first LEED "green" house in Holliston, Massachusetts. We were trying to spend no more than it would take to build an ordinary house,and maybe even succeeded. The dust is still settling.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What it looks like





Top, the green girls' shower room; then, the kitchen from the main room; then Chris D.'s staircase, then main room from the kitchen. The building inspector comes this afternoon. Hopefully after that, I'll be able to peel the stickers off the windows and start filling the house with junk. For those who live in an ideal world, no, I'm not painting it first--I'll be painting for the next ten years at least and I couldn't wait that long to move in.

For those of you that are concerned, however, I do have two painted bathrooms. We matched my mom's Mexican sink to the colors in the green bath with orange floor, although I'm not sure you can tell from this photo. I will post a materials list this weekend for those interested in the products we ended up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home