Holliston LEED House

This is the story of a family who built the first LEED "green" house in Holliston, Massachusetts. We were trying to spend no more than it would take to build an ordinary house,and maybe even succeeded. The dust is still settling.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wishin, and a-hopin', and a-thinkin



A circa 1950 Chambers stove like this one has been located by my sister in the garage of a friend's brother-in-law, if you follow me, who is taking it out of his mother's house. In other words, first-owner, great condition antique gas stove that I would then have to bribe the plumber to adapt to propane. But torturing the team with the myriad wanderings of my taste is becoming a secret love of mine. Hope they agree. Hope I can get it at all, we're not sure at this point. But I'm a-hopin'...

4 Comments:

At January 22, 2009 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Bryan said...

Gee Wiz, Erin - You move from a beautiful antique home (in a lovely neighborhood with the best neighbors of all time, if I do say so myself) to build a new house. And now you want to fill it up with all this old broken down antique stuff!?! Before too long you'll be like...me! Looks gorgeous. Good luck in adapting for the new digs!

 
At January 22, 2009 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Claudia said...

I loves my Chambers, and I'm willin to pick this one up and drive it from Staten island to Mass. How can you beat that deal?

 
At January 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Bryan, from what I hear you can't leave an old house alone for even a few weeks. At least I'll be able to go away from the new house, if I can ever afford it again. And I may get the pleasure of having to tinker with my stove every time I cook, too. Something to look forward to. Though I must say I'll miss the neighbors.

 
At January 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home